This lovely little church has been serving Stow-on-the-Wold since 1660; the main building is comparatively modern having been built of honey-coloured Cotswold stone, during the reign of Queen Victoria, in 1852.
Following the repeal in about 1650 of the Recusancy Laws (originally intended to penalise Catholics) which imposed heavy penalties for non-attendance at Anglican churches, a new era of religious freedom was ushered in and there are records of Baptist meetings in and around Stow-on-the-Wold and Moreton-in-Marsh in the mid 1650's. Consequently, Stow Baptist Church was one of the earliest non-Anglican churches to be established in this country and is, therefore, of significant historical importance.
The following links provide further details about the Listing Status
Acting Secretary and
Lead singer of the Worship Band
Drummer of the Worship Band
Responsible for everything!
We can all feel down from time to time